Sound the bells and light the beacons, we're finally open for business! Grab one now from https://thepopstick.com (and if you use the code MATTMADETHINGS you can get free delivery!)
It's been a long road getting popstick to this point, and I am so excited that we are now taking orders, with a first shipping date in time for Christmas.
Since then, it's fair to say getting beyond prototype has been a struggle, and one that almost resulted in the whole project being ditched.
I came on board in April, and I can safely say it's one of the most exciting projects and companies I've worked with, and the future is only going to get better with the release of popworlds, the forthcoming selfie app and future game.
So, let's get into the update:
- The popstick store is open for business. The original popstick (in black!) is available for order at a RRP of £16.99.
- Shipping will take place in the next couple of weeks. The first batch are winging their way to us from the manufacturer right now, and once we've packaged them, they will be making their way to their new owners.
- Removal of the bluetooth button. We removed the button on the popstick because we came up with a better solution, and didn't want to hinder our customers with yet another thing to charge. What's the better solution?
- The popworlds app! We've developed a gesture controlled selfie app that will be launched before, or on the day we ship popstick. We have big plans for the popworlds app, including a whole bunch of AR and gamification. It's going to be immense!
- Additional colours. There has been some discussion around the sale of different colours, and we are currently waiting to see when we will be able to start taking orders for the green, yellow, pink, and blue popsticks.
This is a massive deal for us, and the culmination of a whole lot of work, so we're super excited to have your support.
p.s. If you're interested in a putting your logo on popsticks as giveaways, or want to batch order, get in touch and let's talk :)
Subscribe to Matt Made Things
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox